Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My GAME Plan...Now and the Future...

So far in my GAME Plan I have gleaned resources with lesson plan ideas to integrate into my opening year activities and in my introduction to the Web. I have also obtained a link from a colleague with posters that can be printed and posted in my class room, and in the hallway (with administrative permission) as reminders of appropriate online behavior and computer etiquette. I still need to develop my lessons for teaching safe online practices and develop activities for students to use to practice, as well as monitor their own learning. If anyone has located any sites which might allow teens to quiz themselves on Internet safety know-how, please share with me!


My other goal involves me providing a technology-rich learning environment in which students are able to pursue individual curiosities and manage their own learning. The more I use technology tools in this class, the more comfortable I get with using them in my classroom. I think I am just going to have to come to a jumping-off point, where I just offer to let my students use a tool and we all just see how it flies!

Future learning goals I see setting for myself involve Standard 3: Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. The indicators under this standard focus on teacher communication with parents and community members using a variety of digital tools and resources, media and formats. I strive to integrate a variety of technology in order to gather data, analyze, and communicate with others, but I feel that I continue to lag behind. I would like to be on the cutting edge of such technologies in my everyday personal and professional life! In order to do this, I plan to continue to collaborate with professionals and seek out online professional communities to challenge me to meet my goals.

http://blogs.freshminds.co.uk/talent/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/future-of-learning_id2728501_size3901.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Cool photo!! I have that same jumping-off point feeling quite often when I’m introducing new technology tools to the curriculum. I guess it is because I am out of my comfort zone. Many of the students know how to use the tools better than I do. I have found that the students enjoy teaching me how to do things more efficiently. The environment that it creates when the students know you are learning with them can be very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan,

    I have had that experience too! When students teach me something about technology I can really see a confidence boost for them! Thanks for sharing!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly,

    I love your idea of putting up posters to remind students ways to treat and respect computers. If you can send me a link with those posters I would greatly appreciate it. Students need to know that the same respect we expect in the classroom has to be transfered into the computer world.

    Thank you

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete